JOHN W. BUGLER
"In the Pusrsuit of Serving the People"
- 29 Year resident of Oakdale.
- Engineering major at City College & Manhattan College, NY
- Veteran of the United States Navy;
achieved the rank of Petty Officer.
- Member of the Association of Former Intelligence Officers
- Associate Member of the U. S. Naval Institute
- New York State Department of Transportation:
Innovative Projects Engineer
- Construction Industry:
- Awarded NY State "Engineer of the Year" (1986)
- Awarded "Governor's Award for Highway Innovation" (1988)
- American Legion Post 1006: Past Commander, current Chaplain
- Current Member of Knights of Columbus, St. Ann's Council
- Volunteer for Homeless Outreach
- Volunteer for Prison Outreach
- Past Organizer, and present member of, AFL-CIO Professional Employees Federation"
- Member, support group "Good Council", housing and financial aid for unwed mothers.
- Senior Citizens Defense league - founder
- Executive Director and Founder of "Constitutional Awareness"
- Junior League Softball manager
- Member of the Transportation Research Board
(National Research Council, National Academy of Sciences)
- Former Chairman of Task Force 35
-- National Committee for National Performance Specifications.
- Expert witness for mine-safety investigations
- Candidate for Congress, 1990
- Candidate for NY State Assembly, 2004
- Candidate for Congress, 2006
- Candidate for Suffolk COunty Legislature (8th LD), 2007
FOR SUFFOLK COUNTY LEGISLATURE
2 0 0 7